April 26, 2008

Mind and manifestation - part 2

I'd like to say, "part 2 of X," but I just don't know what X is or will be, so it will remain variable right now. Just keep learning little and big things about this statement, so we'll see where this goes. Thanks for bearing with me as I explore! (This first installment on this idea is here. Check it out if you haven't so the rest of this one will make sense. :)

There are a few little words that really pop out at me in all these definitions and weavings: "readily," "clear" and "plain." Such simple and comforting words! God making Himself readily, clearly, plainly perceived, understood, seen, etc. No hiding! Out there in the open for everyone to know and see. No tricks. Just revealing Himself.

I guess this is saying to me that God wants His creation to know Him, and He's putting Himself - all the wonderful aspects of his being - out there in the open for us to know Him, to understand Him, and so to understand ourselves as His creation, His image and likeness (ref. Gen 1:26, 27).

So I'm being more expectant to see evidence of God all around me - clearly and plainly - in myself, in my encounters with others, in the neighborhood as it springs into bloom. God's making this evidence clear, and, as He is omnipotent - all-power - who can change what He's done? And who would want to when what He has done is all good - all Himself? :)

No comments: